Merry Christmas, everyone! Since this is the last episode we’ll be releasing in 2018, Pete and Martha discuss their favorite stuff from this year. There’s no Stuck In Our Heads segment because really, the whole list is a Stuck In Our Heads from this year.
Martha’s Top Ten
10. Teen rom coms in general
9. Brooklyn 99, 5.22: “Jake & Amy”
8. Crazy Rich Asians
6. Haunting of Hill House, 1.06: “Two Storms”
5. The Adventure Zone: Here There Be Gerblins by the Family McElroy and Carey Pietsch
4. The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
3. Black Panther
2. Anger is A Gift by Mark Oshiro
1. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse\
Pete’s Top Ten
1. Janelle Monae, Dirty Computer (album plus “emotion picture”)
2. Black Panther
3. Unspooled podcast
4. Boygenius, boygenius
5. Anything by N.K. Jemison (but specifically The Broken Earth Trilogy, which concluded in 2018)
6. The Good Place
8. The Wicked + the Divine vol 7: Mothering Invention by Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie
9. Beach House, 7
10. Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat (Netflix)
For our favorite and least favorite homeworks, you have to listen to the episode. No spoilers!
Our next episode will be a good follow-up to the lovely holiday season: we’ll be discussing Hypocrisy with return guest Sara Shaw. Have a happy new year, everyone! Here’s to an optimistically better 2019!
Martha’s Media Minutes